McCANDLESS (KDKA) — An apartment building in McCandless was damaged by fire Saturday evening.

The fire broke out at the Presidential Arms Apartment complex.

Officials say no one was home in the apartment where the fire started, but firefighters did have to rescue a dog.

One witness says she first saw the flames from her car.

“As I was talking to 911, I could see the flames getting larger,” said Janet Martha. “The window… I was actually afraid there was going to be an explosion.”

The fire caused an estimated $35,000 in damage.

More News from McCandless

Watch & Listen LIVE