Weight Watchers Recipes: Cucumber Dip & Chicken Pot Pie
If you’re looking for some delicious recipes while on a diet, be sure to try out these two from Weight Watchers!
Creamy Cucumber Dip
Prep time: 12 min
Cook time: 0 min
- 2 cup(s) low-fat plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup(s) reduced-calorie mayonnaise
- 1 tsp table salt
- 1/2 tsp Durkee ground cumin, or other brand
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper, optional
- 1 1/2 cup(s) English cucumber(s), diced
- 1/2 cup(s) (sliced) uncooked red onion(s), diced
- 6 Tbsp mint leaves, fresh, chopped
- 6 Tbsp dill, fresh, chopped
In a medium bowl, stir together yogurt, mayonnaise, salt, cumin and cayenne pepper until smooth.
Add cucumber, onion, mint and dill; stir to mix. Yields about 1/2 cup per serving.
Chicken Pot Pie
8PointsPlus Value 8
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 50 min
- 1 pound(s) uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast(s)
- 2 cup(s) water
- 1/2 cup(s) table wine, dry white
- 2 cube(s) chicken bouillon cube, crumbled
- 2 medium uncooked carrot(s), chopped
- 1 cup(s) frozen green peas
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 medium uncooked onion(s), chopped
- 3 Tbsp white all-purpose flour
- 5 oz fat-free evaporated milk
- 15 1/4 oz canned white corn, drained
- 6 sheet(s) phyllo dough
Place chicken, water, wine and bouillon cubes in a medium pan. Bring to a boil, lower heat and cook gently, uncovered for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool. Set aside one cup of broth and chop chicken into chunks.
Preheat oven to 400ºF (200ºC). Coat a deep 8-inch (20cm) pie dish with cooking spray.
Microwave carrots and peas for 2 minutes. Drain. Heat oil in a medium nonstick pan, add onions and cook until soft. Stir in flour and cook over low heat for 2 minutes.
Remove pan from heat and stir in milk and reserved broth. Return to heat and cook, stirring, until mixture boils and thickens. Add carrots, peas, chicken and corn.
Pour chicken into prepared dish. Layer sheets of phyllo over pie, trim edges and press down firmly to seal. Lightly coat with cooking spray. Bake for 10 minutes, lower temperature to 350ºF (180ºC) and bake until golden brown, about 20 minutes more.