Dog Saves Family From House Fire In South Park
SOUTH PARK(KDKA) — A dog is being hailed as a hero after alerting her family to a fire inside their home in South Park.
Raven, the American bulldog, was sleeping in a bedroom of the home on Piney Fork Road when she apparently smelled the smoke.
She woke up a family member who was able to get everyone out safely.
Ryan Bougher wasn’t home at the time, but he’s thankful for Raven’s quick thinking.
“I think she just knew something was wrong and she had to do something, and she didn’t know what to do, but it was right what she did,” said Bougher. “I’m just glad we have her. She’s 7-years-old; she’s an amazing dog. I’m so thankful that she saved my family’s life. It’s just awesome.”
However, three snakes and a rabbit were killed in the fire.
The home has significant damage.