Market District Recipe: Halibut With Tropical Fruit Salsa
Ring in the first day of spring with this delicious, tropical seafood dish, compliments of Market District.
Halibut with Tropical Fruit Salsa
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 8-10 minutes
- 6 6-ounce portions halibut
- 1 cup diced pineapple
- 3/4 cup diced mango
- 2/3 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/3 cup 1/4-inch pieces red onion
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons minced seeded jalapeño chili
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Combine all fruits, vegetables and herbs in a small bowl and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Can be made several hours ahead and chilled, mixing occasionally.
2. Put olive oil in a heavy bottomed sauté pan over medium heat. Season halibut fillets and sauté several minutes on each side, until the fish is opaque throughout. Remove from pan and spoon salsa over the fish and serve.