kdka-sm kdka-am-sm fan-sm pittsburgh-cw-logo

Local

House Destroyed By Fire, Explosion In Harrisville

(Credit: KDKA)

(Credit: KDKA)

Ralph Iannotti Ralph Iannotti
Ralph Iannotti began working as a KDKA-TV general assignment reporter...
Read More

Get Breaking News First

Receive News, Politics, and Entertainment Headlines Each Morning.
Sign Up

HARRISVILLE (KDKA) — A stubborn fire started, punctuated by propane tank explosion, and destroyed a home in northern Butler County Tuesday night.

The house was located at 209 West Mercer street in the borough of Harrisville.

Fire chief Steve Bickel said the blaze started when 16-year old boy tried to cook on a barbeque grill on the side porch of the house. The fire quickly got out of control and spread throughout the house.

Firefighters from at least 18 volunteer companies from Bulter, Venango, Lawrence and Mercer counties were called to the scene. Water had to be trucked in from as much as five miles away near Grove City, as there aren’t fire hydrants in Harrisville.

Everyone made it out of the house safely, including pets. The family lost virtually everything.

RELATED LINKS
More News
More Local News