If you’ve always wanted to go camping, but have never tried it, this is your chance.
The Department of Conservation and Natural Resources is teaming up with Gander Mountain to give first-time campers the gear they need for just $20.
Campers will receive a four-person tent, sleeping pads, chairs, a lantern and camp stove.
The items will have to be returned, and you’ll need to bring your own food, cooking utensils and bedding.
The price also includes a reservation for two nights at a state park.
19 parks around the state are participating in the program:
- Black Moshannon, Centre County
- Caledonia, Franklin County
- Chapman, Warren County
- Colonel Denning, Cumberland County
- Cook Forest/Clear Creek, Clarion and Jefferson counties
- Gifford Pinchot, York County
- Hills Creek, Tioga County
- Keystone, Westmoreland County
- Lackawanna, Lackawanna County
- Laurel Hill, Somerset County
- Little Pine, Lycoming County
- Locust Lake, Schuylkill County
- Ole Bull, Potter County
- Parker Dam, Clearfield County
- Promised Land, Pike County
- Pymatuning, Crawford County
- R.B. Winter, Union County
- Ryerson Station, Greene County
- Sinnemahoning, Cameron and Potter counties
For more information on the program, click the link below: