Filed underLinks & Numbers
If you’ve always wanted to go camping, but have never tried it, this is your chance.
The Department of Conservation and Natural Resources is teaming up with Gander Mountain to give first-time campers the gear they need for just $20.
Campers will receive a four-person tent, sleeping pads, chairs, a lantern and camp stove.
The items will have to be returned, and you’ll need to bring your own food, cooking utensils and bedding.
The price also includes a reservation for two nights at a state park.
19 parks around the state are participating in the program:
- Black Moshannon, Centre County
- Caledonia, Franklin County
- Chapman, Warren County
- Colonel Denning, Cumberland County
- Cook Forest/Clear Creek, Clarion and Jefferson counties
- Gifford Pinchot, York County
- Hills Creek, Tioga County
- Keystone, Westmoreland County
- Lackawanna, Lackawanna County
- Laurel Hill, Somerset County
- Little Pine, Lycoming County
- Locust Lake, Schuylkill County
- Ole Bull, Potter County
- Parker Dam, Clearfield County
- Promised Land, Pike County
- Pymatuning, Crawford County
- R.B. Winter, Union County
- Ryerson Station, Greene County
- Sinnemahoning, Cameron and Potter counties
For more information on the program, click the link below: