If you’re looking for some great grilling recipes to try out at your next summer outing, be sure to try these two from Rania Harris!
Grilled Salmon with Corn Salad
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 medium shallots – chopped
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- Cayenne pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh ginger
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 4 – 6 ounce salmon filets
- Corn Salad (see recipe below)
In a small saucepan, melt the butter. Add the shallots and sauté until softened. Add all remaining sauce ingredients, except for the cilantro. Cook over medium heat until slightly thickened, about 8 minutes. Remove from heat and add cilantro.
Baste the salmon filet with a bit of the sauce and preheat your grill to a medium high heat. Grill the salmon for about 4 minutes per side, being careful not to overcook the salmon. Baste with marinade. Remove from grill and serve immediately with remaining marinade acting as additional sauce and top with Corn Salad (see recipe below).
- 4 cups cooked corn kernels
- 1 cup red bell pepper – diced
- 1 medium red onion – diced
- 2 – 3 tablespoons cilantro – chopped
- Fresh squeezed lime juice to taste
- 1 Jalapeno pepper– seeded and minced
- Extra virgin olive oil to taste
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Combine all of the salad ingredients in a bowl. Allow the salad ingredients to blend for 5 minutes before serving.
Marinated Berries with Mango Sorbet
- ½ cup Vin Santo (Sauterne may be substituted)
- ½ cup honey
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 pint blackberries
- 1 pint blueberries
- 1 pint strawberries
- Mango Sorbet (see recipe below)
Combine the wine, honey and sugar in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer until thickened and slightly reduced. Cool. Place berries in a serving bowl and pour the syrup over the berries. Toss gently and serve over mango sorbet.
Yield: 6 – 8 servings
- 2 ½ pounds ripe mango flesh (about 4 large ripe mangoes)
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- ¼ cup Absolut Mango Vodka
- 1 ½ cups superfine sugar
Place the mango into the bowl of a food processor and process until smooth. Add the lime juice, mango vodka, and the sugar and process for an additional 5 to 10 seconds. Pass the mixture through a fine mesh strainer and place in the refrigerator to chill for 2 to 3 hours.
Process the sorbet in an ice cream maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions, approximately 20 to 25 minutes. Place in the freezer for 3 hours or overnight, before serving.