Chef Bill Fuller Recipes: Flank Steak, Asparagus Salad
If you’re looking for a new meal that will be sure to please, be sure to check out Chef Bill Fuller’s recipes for Grilled Flank Steak and Warm New Potato and Asparagus Salad!
Grilled Flank Steak, Warm New Potato and Asparagus Salad
- 2 ea. Flank steaks, about 2 pounds
- 2-3 Tbs. Olive oil
- 2 Tbs. Kosher Salt
- 1-2 Tbs. Cracked fennel seeds
- 1-2 Tbs. Ground black pepper
- Roasted Potato Asparagus Salad
- Crusty Bread
- Garlic cloves
- Extra virgin olive oil
- High quality balsamic vinegar
1. Rub steaks with olive oil. Season well with salt, cracked fennel seeds, and pepper. Allow meat to come to room temperature.
2. Prepare Roasted Potato Asparagus Salad.
3. Pre-heat grill and get coals nice and hot.
4. Grill steaks to medium. Flank can be tough rare and well done. Set aside to rest for five minutes.
5. Cut bread in thick slices. Grill until nicely toasted.
6. After steak has rested, slice across the grain for maximum tenderness.
7. Drizzle with oil and vinegar.
Roasted Potato Asparagus Salad
- 1 bu. Asparagus, bottom ends snapped
- 4-5 ea. Garlic scapes, sliced very thinly into rounds
- 1 Tbs Butter
- 3-4 Tbs dry white whine (Sauvignon Blanc would be fine)
- 2 pounds New potatoes as small as possible, roasted and diced, room temp or warm
- 1 C. Shelled fresh English peas
- 1-2 Tbs whole fresh dill leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Slice asparagus from the bottom up into ½” logs, leaving the tips as long as necessary to keep them tips.
2. Place asparagus, scapes, butter, and wine in a skillet and cover with a tight fitting lid.
3. Bring up on medium heat until the pot begins to steam. Remove lid, stir well, and add peas and potatoes.
4. Cover again, steam another minute or two.
5. Remove from heat when peas and asparagus are tender. Add dill and season to taste with salt and pepper.