If you’re looking for a great new recipe for steak and salad, look no further. Rania Harris stopped by Pittsburgh Today Live on Wednesday to show off some great, easy recipes you can try in your home today!
Grilled New York Strip Steaks
- 4 New York Strip steaks, 1-inch thick (about 12 ounces each)
- 1 (7-ounce) can chipotle peppers in adobo
- 1 cup chili sauce
- ¼ cup Heinz 57 Steak Sauce
Pat the steaks dry using a paper towel. Place the remaining ingredients in large zip-top bag. Gently massage bag to combine ingredients, then add steaks. Let marinate in refrigerator for 1 to 3 hours.
Set up grill for direct cooking over medium high heat.
Remove steaks from refrigerator and let come to room temperature, approximately 20 to 30 minutes. Remove steaks from marinade, discard marinade.
Place steaks on grill and cook for 4 – 5 minutes per side for medium rare or about 6 – 8 minutes per side for medium. Transfer steaks to a platter and let rest 5 minutes before serving.
Yields: 4 servings
Caesar Salad with Onion Croutons
- 1/2-cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1-tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1-teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 2 drops Tabasco or Frank’s Red Hot Sauce
- 2 heads of Romaine lettuce (in bite-size pieces)
- Onion bagel croutons
- 2/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 small garlic cloves, minced
- 3 onion bagels, each cut into 2 semicircles and then into chunks
Whisk first 8 ingredients in small bowl. Combine lettuce, as many croutons as desired, cheese and generous amount of pepper in large bowl. Add dressing, toss well and serve.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Combine first 3 ingredients in saucepans over medium heat. Stir until the butter melts. Remove from heat. Place the onion bagel chunks in a large bowl and toss well with the butter mixture. Transfer to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake the croutons until crisp and brown, about 15 – 20 minutes. Cool thoroughly and store in a white paper bag to keep crisp.