Diva Chef Elise Wims Recipe: Seasonal Vegetable Medley
Summer is a great time to enjoy fresh vegetables. Be sure to take advantage of this recipe from The Diva Chef Elise Wims in your home today!
Seasonal Vegetable Medley with Shallot Butter
- 2 corn cobs
- 1 head of broccoli
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 orange bell pepper
- 1/2 lb of green beans
- 3 large shallots
- 1 stick of salted butter
- 1 box of organic vegetable stock
- Salt and pepper to taste
1) Shuck your corn cobs, and cut into four mini cobs
2) Break your broccoli down into florets
3) Slice your peppers into matchsticks
4) Snap the tips off of your green beans
5) Peel and thinly slice shallots leaving them in ringlets
6) In a sauté pan, place half stick of butter, place in your shallots and sweat over med-low heat. Next add peppers and continue to sweat for two minutes.
7) Add your other vegetables, and lightly toss to coat. Season well with salt and pepper, add the organic vegetable stock until half way immersed. Add remaining butter, and cover with a lid. Bring to simmer over med/high heat until green beans are al dente, and broccoli is fork tender. Be sure to adjust seasonings if need be.