It’s the Fourth of July and many people will be out grilling up delicious meals. If you’re looking for some recipes that will be sure to please your gathering, try these two out from Rania Harris!
Black and Blue Burgers
- ½ – ¾ cup Ketchup
- 4 ounces crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 4 tablespoons finely chopped Vidalia onion
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 ½ pounds lean ground beef
- 4 Poppy seed buns, split and toasted
To prepare sauce, combine Ketchup, blue cheese, onion and Worcestershire sauce.
Lightly mix just about ½ cup of the sauce with the ground beef; shape into 4 patties. Use your judgment as to how much sauce to mix into the beef – you want the burgers to hold together nicely on the grill.
Grill to desired doneness.
Serve in toasted buns topped with remaining sauce.
- 1 ¼ cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 ¼ cups brown sugar – packed firm
- ¾ cup all purpose flour
- 1 tablesoon grated lemon peel
- 1 ½ sticks unsalted butter
- 3 pounds nectarines, halved, pitted, cut into 1/2″ pieces
- 6 cups fresh blackberries
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons instant tapioca
- Vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt
Combine first 4 ingredients in processor. Add butter and cut in using on/off turns until mixture resembles coarse meal.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Toss nectarines, berries, sugar and tapioca in large bowl. Let stand for 15 minutes. Transfer fruit to 9 x 13 inch baking dish. Sprinkle topping over. Bake until topping browns and fruit bubbles, about 50 minutes. Cool slightly. Spoon crisp into bowls and top with ice cream.