If you’re looking for a delicious new treat to try out in your own home, be sure to try this one from the Giant Eagle Market District!
Serves: 8 large
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15-20 minutes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar, plus more for sprinkling tops
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries, picked over and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/3 cup heavy cream, plus more for brushing tops
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, sift together flour, 3 tablespoons sugar, baking powder, and salt.
3. Using a pastry cutter or two knives, cut in butter until it is the size of peas.
4. Stir in blueberries and zest. Using a fork, whisk together cream and egg in a liquid measuring cup.
5. Make a well in the center of dry ingredients, and pour in cream mixture.
6. Stir with fork just until dough comes together.
7. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface, and knead a few times to mix well.
8. Pat dough into a 6-inch square about 1 1/4 inches thick.
9. Using a floured knife, cut into small triangles or whatever shape you like.
10. Transfer to prepared baking sheet.
11. Brush tops with cream, and sprinkle with sugar.
12. Bake until golden brown, 15-20 minutes, depending on size of cut outs.