Tanker Leaks Butane In Collier
COLLIER (KDKA) — A HAZMAT situation in Collier has come to an end.
It started when a tanker started leaking butane on West Main Street at about noon Wednesday.
A second tanker was brought to the scene so the butane could be transferred.
Workers in the area and homeowners were evacuated.
“I was smelling it earlier, but I didn’t know what it was,” Ashton Mason, an evacuated worker, said. “But if you’re hanging around it, you start getting a headache.”
Butane is a highly-flammable substance and can cause health problems when inhaled, such as drowsiness, euphoria, temporary memory loss and cardiac arrhythmia.