Fire Ravages Through Ohio Township Home
OHIO TOWNSHIP (KDKA) — As the sun rose early Wednesday morning, one home in Ohio Township continued to smolder as flames destroyed it overnight.
“I think I’m still in shock,” says home owner, Brian Griffith.
Brian Griffith finally got a good look of what’s left of his belongings and the news wasn’t good.
“It could happen to anybody. I never realized. Here I am with the shirt on my back that’s it,” Griffith says.
It was yesterday evening when Brian, an animal control Specialist, received an emergency call from work.
“My helper saw the glow from the highway. I said go save the dogs. They were already dead when we got here,” Griffith says.
Griffith’s home is insured, but the blaze took away something irreplaceable—his furry companions.
“Those are my buddies. I’m gonna go bury them. That’s what you do,” Griffith explains.
Brian remains positive through this tough time and began to recover a few traps he needs to stay in business and get back up on his feet.
“I’m not out of business. All you can do is go on. I’m here,” Griffith says.
As for the cause of this fire, the Allegheny County Fire Marshal continues to investigate.