PULASKI TOWNSHIP (KDKA) — A home in Lawrence County was destroyed by an overnight fire.
The blaze was reported around 10:30 p.m. Friday along New Bedford-Sharon Road in Pulaski Township.
According to the fire chief, it appears to have started in a fireplace.
The fire brought down power lines and made it difficult for firefighters to get near the burning home.
A man in his 70’s was able to escape.
A neighbor says she heard a cry for help.
“I was just letting my dog out and sparks were coming down in my driveway,” said Donna Boyer, a neighbor. “I just looked up and saw the sky all lit up down the road and saw ashes coming down. I went in and got my family. I thought I heard someone call for help, I’m not sure who it was.”
The man’s wife wasn’t home at the time.
The fire is believed to be electrical in nature.