Local

Fire Destroys Home In Pulaski Township

(Photo Credit: KDKA)

(Photo Credit: KDKA)

Get Breaking News First

Receive News, Politics, and Entertainment Headlines Each Morning.
Sign Up

PULASKI TOWNSHIP (KDKA) — A home in Lawrence County was destroyed by an overnight fire.

The blaze was reported around 10:30 p.m. Friday along New Bedford-Sharon Road in Pulaski Township.

According to the fire chief, it appears to have started in a fireplace.

The fire brought down power lines and made it difficult for firefighters to get near the burning home.

A man in his 70’s was able to escape.

A neighbor says she heard a cry for help.

“I was just letting my dog out and sparks were coming down in my driveway,” said Donna Boyer, a neighbor. “I just looked up and saw the sky all lit up down the road and saw ashes coming down. I went in and got my family. I thought I heard someone call for help, I’m not sure who it was.”

The man’s wife wasn’t home at the time.

The fire is believed to be electrical in nature.

RELATED LINKS:
More Pulaski Township News
More Lawrence County News

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 6,139 other followers