PITTSBURGH (KDKA) — Tickle your friends’ taste buds at your next tailgate party with this recipe from Rania Harris!
This week on the Steelers Huddle, Rania is making Balsamic and Rosemary Grilled Salmon in the Heinz Red Zone!
Don’t forget to tune into the Steelers Huddle show each Saturday after the 11 p.m. news on KDKA-TV for more of Rania’s recipes!
STEELERS HUDDLE “Heinz Red Zone Recipe”: Balsamic and Rosemary Grilled Salmon
Makes: 4 – 6 servings
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Marinating Time: 1- 2 hours
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- Olive Oil – 2 teaspoons
- Garlic, Fresh, Minced – 1 Tablespoon
- Shallots, Fresh, Minced – 1 Tablespoons
- Rosemary, fresh, minced – 1 teaspoon
- Brown Sugar, light, packed – 2 teaspoon
- Balsamic Vinegar – ¼ Cup
- Heinz Balsamic Tomato Ketchup – ¼ Cup
- Salt – ½ teaspoon
- Salmon Filets, skinless, trimmed – 1 ½ lbs
1. In a small sauce pot heat the olive oil. Saute the garlic and shallots for about five minutes, until slightly brown. Stir in Balsamic Vinegar, brown sugar, and rosemary. Simmer for 3 minutes then add Heinz Balsamic Tomato Ketchup. Simmer down for 3 minutes then add salt. Let cool in the refrigerator before marinating the salmon.
2. Remove all small bones from salmon. Place in shallow dish and add, reserve about ¼ cup of marinade to serve as a sauce. Cover salmon and marinate 1 to 2 hours.
3. Preheat Grill to medium high heat. Brush with oil to prevent sticking. Grill salmon skin-side up making grill marks by turning the salmon in 3 minutes. Grill an additional 3 minutes then flip. Apply a coating of reserved marinade to the top of the grilled salmon fillets. Cook fish until fish it is cooked through and flakes with a fork.
4. Drizzle salmon with reserved sauce and serve.