School board members have accepted Lellock’s resignationBy Marty Griffin

PITTSBURGH (KDKA) — A Pittsburgh school police officer accused of sexually abusing students back in the late 1990s has been arrested.

Robert Lellock, 43, was taken into custody Wednesday afternoon at his home.

“He was very cooperative,” Pittsburgh Police Lt. Kevin Kraus said. “We drove up to the residence, got out, we placed him into custody in hand restraints and transported him here without any issues whatsoever.”

KDKA’s Marty Griffin reports:

He faces nearly 20 counts involving four alleged victims. The charges include deviate sexual intercourse, assault, false imprisonment, unlawful restraint and endangering the welfare of children.

“They put significant hours of investigation into this case,” Kraus said. “It’s unfortunate when it involves another police officer, but we certainly believe that these charges are substantial and significant and it’s an unfortunate case but we’re glad at this point that we’ve reached this point in the investigation.”

Lellock has worked for the district for more than 20 years. He was suspended without pay on July 25.

At the time, a former student came forward alleging Lellock brought him into a storage locker and sexually assaulted him at Rooney Middle School in the North Side.

Since that time, at least three other former students have come forward with similar allegations.

One of the alleged victims told police Lellock pulled him out of class and assaulted him once a week. He was 12 at the time.

KDKA’s Marty Griffin reports:

Another alleged Lellock sexually assaulted him on at least 20 occasions and threatened to kill him and his family if he told anyone.

School board members accepted Lellock’s resignation Wednesday night. However, Mark Brentley would have no part of it, suggesting the district hasn’t gone far enough in providing information about the case.

“What’s gone on? Did it happen? Could it possibly have been much more?” he said at the meeting.

Lellock worked for the district until Wednesday night – 13 years after the first incident was reported.

The superintendent, Dr. Linda Lane, says she knew nothing about the incident until recently.

“I have not been here for 13 years. As I’ve said, I’ve already said what I have to say about that,” said Dr. Lane.

Meantime, the investigation continues into whether anyone at any time in the district failed to report the incidents to police.

KDKA’s Heather Abraham reports:

More Local News
More Reports By Marty Griffin

Watch & Listen LIVE