PITTSBURGH (KDKA) — Show your zest for the Steelers at your next tailgate party with this recipe from Rania Harris!
This week on the Steelers Huddle, Rania is making Zesty Garlic Wings with Blue Cheese Dip in the Heinz Red Zone!
Don’t forget to tune into the Steelers Huddle show each Saturday after the 11 p.m. news on KDKA-TV for more of Rania’s recipes!
STEELERS HUDDLE “Heinz Red Zone Recipe”: Zesty Garlic Wings with Blue Cheese Dip
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 22 minutes
Marinate Time: 0 minutes
- 1 cup Heinz 57® Sauce
- 1/2 cup Prepared Balsamic Vinaigrette Salad Dressing
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 package frozen chicken wing sections, thawed, or about 20 pieces
1. Preheat broiler to high heat. Place oven rack at 9 to 10 inches from heat source. Coat a broiler pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Whisk together 57 Sauce, vinaigrette and garlic until well mixed. Reserve half of mixture in a separate bowl for dipping.
3. Arrange wings in single layer on broiler pan and broil for 10 minutes, turning halfway through. Brush sauce mixture liberally on both sides of wings. Continue broiling for 10 to 12 minutes, or until cooked through, turning every 2 to 3 minutes. Serve with reserved dipping sauce along with the Blue Cheese Dip on the side.
TIP: Always cook chicken until no longer pink or to an internal temperature of 165° F.
TIP: For grilling method, preheat grill to medium high heat. Grill wings for 15 minutes, turning occasionally. Brush sauce mixture liberally on both sides of wings and grill for another 5 to 7 minutes, or until cooked through (no longer pink or an internal temperature of 165°F), turning frequently. Serve with reserved dipping sauce.
TIP: For a spicier variation, add 1 to 2 teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes to sauce mixture.
Blue Cheese Dip:
- 1 cup Heinz Mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Heinz red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1 garlic clove- minced fine
- Dash of Heinz Worcestershire sauce
- ¾ cups crumbled blue cheese
Sauce: Combine all ingredients thoroughly except blue cheese. Fold cheese in gently so as to keep it lumpy.