Athletes Participate In 35th Running Of Great Race
PITTSBURGH (KDKA) – An estimated 15,000 people participated in the 35th running of the Richard S. Caliguiri City of Pittsburgh Great Race Sunday morning.
This year’s route took runners down Forbes Avenue, Fifth Avenue and the Boulevard of the Allies toward the finish in Point State Park for the 10K race, which began at 9:30 a.m.
The 5K race began at 8 a.m. at Fifth Avenue and Atwood Street in Oakland. It follows the same route to the finish line.
Below are the top three finishers in the men’s and women’s 5K and 10K races:
- Trent Binford-Walsh, 23, of Pittsburgh – 30:47
- Samuel Luff, 25, of Washington, D.C. – 30:59
- Lucas Zarzeczny, 23, – 31:21
- Sara Raschiatore, 32, of Leechburg – 34:46
- Roberta Groner, 34, of Irwin – 34:46
- Stephanie Bonk, 22, of Coraopolis – 34:59
- Justin Taylor, 22, – 15:09
- Jack Morrow, 23, of Tulsa, Okla. – 16:03
- Eric Martin, 25, – 16:06
- Kristen Leslie, 26, of Pittsburgh – 18:00
- Emily Wolfarth, 22, of Cranberry Twp. – 18:23
- Heather Melzer, 43, of Mars – 18:25
Today’s events will cap off Great Race Week, which began last weekend with the 17th running of the Dollar Bank Junior Great Race.
About 1,000 kids participated in the various events.
Stay With KDKA.com For More Details