Rania Harris stopped by Pittsburgh Today Live to show off two more delicious recipes!
Slow Cooker French Onion Soup
- 6 large onions
- 2 cloves of garlic – chopped
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 – 10.5 ounce can chicken broth
- 1 – 10.5 ounce can beef broth
- 2 tablespoons Marsala wine
- Four – 1-inch thick slices French Bread
- 8 ounces Gruyere Cheese
- Chopped fresh chives for garnish
Peel and slice the onions in a food processor. Place the onions in the slow cooker and toss with the olive oil. Cover and cook on high for 9 – 10 hours.
Add the chicken and the beef broth along with the Marsala wine. Cover and continue to cook on high for an additional 15 to 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, preheat oven to 400 degrees. Brush the bread slices with additional olive oil and bake until golden brown ~ about 7 – 10 minutes. They should be nice and crisp.
Preheat the broiler and adjust the rack so that the bowls fit comfortably underneath the broiler ~ about 4 inches from the heating element.
Ladle the soup into ovenproof Fagor michelleB cast iron enamel crocks and place on a heavy baking sheet to prevent the bowls from tipping over in the oven. Top each bowl with a toasted bread slice and cover with Gruyere cheese slices. Broil until the cheese is melted and bubbly. Garnish with chives and serve immediately
Serves: 4 – 6
Mixed Greens with Honey Vinaigrette
- 4 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 4 tablespoons local honey (or more to taste)
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 large garlic cloves mashed
- Sea salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 8 cups torn mixed lettuce leaves
In a carafe of the Bonjour Salad Gourmet Salad Chef Salad Dressing Mixer, combine the vinegar, honey, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, mustard and salt and pepper to taste. Blend well. Add the olive oil and blend the dressing until it is emulsified. Dress the salad greens to taste with the salad dressing
Note: You will have extra dressing left over that can be stored in the Bonjour Salad Dressing carafe