Patients, Workers Overcome By Fumes At McKees Rocks Dental Office
McKEES ROCKS (KDKA) — A dental office in McKees Rocks had to be evacuated Wednesday afternoon when several people became ill from fumes.
It was 12:15 when workers at McKees Rocks Dental became ill from a mysterious gas.
Several children, who were patients, as well as workers became short of breath, nauseous and got headaches.
The building was evacuated and firefighters and Hazmat crews were called to the scene.
Crews were still working Wednesday evening to try to figure out exactly what the smell is, but say it’s sweet and could be nitrous oxide.
Three people had to be treated on scene with oxygen, including one teenager and one firefighter.
No one was taken to the hospital.