If you’re looking for some delicious Halloween-themed treats, be sure to try these three out from Rania Harris!
Chili Con Queso
- 1 ½ pounds lean ground beef
- 1 can chili without beans
- 2 pounds Velveeta, cubed
- 1 small can diced green chiles – drained
Brown beef and drain. Place in slow cooker with all other ingredients and cook until cheese is melted. Serve in slow cooker Serve with corn chips.
Halloween Brain Dip
- 2 ripe avocados, pitted, peeled
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- 1 tomato – chopped
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic – minced
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- Sea salt to taste
- Frank’s Red Hot Sauce to taste
- 1 can black beans – drained, rinsed and drained again
- 1 head of cauliflower – center hollowed to create a bowl
- Black tortilla chips
In a bowl, mash all of the ingredients together with a fork until blended and still chunky. You may also use a food processor using on/off turns.
Remove from bowl of the food processor and place in serving bowl. Add the drained black beans to the bowl and cover tightly by laying a sheet of plastic
wrap directly on the surface of the guacamole and gently squeezing out any air bubbles. Seal the wrap to the edges of the bowl and refrigerate until ready to use.
Place the guacamole in the center of the hollowed bowl of cauliflower and serve with black tortilla chips
Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
- 4 cups canned chick-peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 large red pepper ~ roasted ~ peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 cup Sesame Tahini
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice (about 3 lemons) or more to taste
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- Several dashes Frank’s Red Hot Sauce (I like my hummus a little spicy)
In a food processor, combine all of the ingredients. Process, scraping sides occasionally, until mixture is a smooth paste. If mixture is too thick, add more water, a few drops at a time.
- 1 bag peeled baby carrots
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- Cream cheese
Place a bit of cream cheese on the end of a baby carrot and place an almond slice face down on top. The almond should look like a fingernail on the carrot “finger”. Repeat until all carrots are finished.
Place the hummus in a bowl and stand a few carrot fingers upright in the bowl. Place the bowl on a platter and lay the remaining carrot fingers around the bowl.