By Ross Guidotti

PITTSBURGH (KDKA) – A trailer attached to a commercial building caught fire overnight in Indiana Township.

It started on Larch Road in Green Township.

When firefighters arrived on scene, they had to battle heavy smoke and flames.

The family that lives in the trailer was fortunate to be gone at the time, but unfortunate in that the home was destroyed and uninsured.

“He says the heat source he had in there was an electric heater,” Clymer Fire Department Chief Mike Aikens said. “At this point, he said as far as the furnace, it was turned off … at this point he said he’s really unsure.”

Clymer said officials think it may have been started by an electrical fire.

Officials say the man who owns the house has had problems before. They didn’t elaborate on what kind of problems, but said that’s the reason the fire is not considered suspicious.


More Local News
Find Out What Else Is Happening In Indiana County
Stay Up To Date, Follow KDKA On Twitter

More From CBS Pittsburgh

Get The All New CBS Local App
KDKA Weather App

Watch & Listen LIVE