If you’re looking for some new delicious recipes to try in your own home, these two from Rania Harris might be what you’re looking for!
- 1 Flavorseal Rich and Hearty Gravy Liner
- 1 pound Round Steak – cut into 1 ½ inch pieces
- 6 cups Water
- 1 – 28 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 medium zucchini – thinly sliced
- 1 16 ounce can garbanzo beans – rinsed & drained
- 1 cup elbow macaroni – or small shells
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
Unfold liner and place into slow cooker, gently pushing sides so liner is evenly spread out. Fold unseasoned side of bag over slow cooker edges to hold in place.
Add to cooker; beef, tomatoes, onion. Cover and cook on LOW for 7-9 hrs or until meat is tender.
Approximately one hour before serving add sliced zucchini, beans and macaroni; cook on HIGH covered for additional 45-60 min.
Sprinkle individual servings with grated Parmesan cheese if desired.
- 2 pounds Cremini mushrooms, trimmed and quartered
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 6 (1/2-inch-thick) slices country-style bread, each halved crosswise
- 8 ounces Italian Fontina cheese, thinly sliced
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Toss mushrooms with 3 tablespoons oil, garlic, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon black pepper in a 1-1/2 quart baking dish. Bake in upper third of oven, stirring occasionally, until tender and sizzling, about 25 minutes.
While mushrooms are roasting, arrange bread in 1 layer on a baking sheet and brush tops with remaining 3 tablespoons oil. Toast in middle of oven until golden brown, about 15 minutes.
Arrange 2 or 3 slices of cheese on each toast, then top cheese with ¼ cup mushrooms. Bake bruschetta in upper third of oven until cheese is melted, 3 to 5 minutes. Season with black pepper.
Note: Fontina cheese is easier to slice if partially frozen. Freeze 30 minutes before slicing.