Rania’s Recipes: Valentine’s Day Dinner
If you’re looking to impress your sweetheart this Valentine’s Day, be sure to try out these two recipes from Rania Harris!
- Four 4-ounce fresh mozzarella balls, brought to room temperature
- 24 large crisp green imported olives (or more to taste)
- Large handful of walnuts, shelled and coarsely chopped
- 6 to 8 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Zest of ½ small lemon
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
Slice the mozzarella into rounds. If they are very moist, drain them on a clean kitchen towel.
Use a paring knife to cut thick strips of olive flesh from the pits. Coarsely chop the olives.
Arrange the mozzarella on a serving platter. Sprinkle the olives over the mozzarella rounds. Sprinkle the walnuts over the olives. Drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle the lemon zest and parsley over the cheese, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.
Panna Cotta With Raspberries
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Almond oil
- Fresh Raspberries
Pour ½ cup of the milk into a saucepan. Sprinkle the gelatin evenly over the milk and let stand 5 minutes to soften. Over low heat, stir well until the gelatin dissolves completely, about 5 minutes. Stir in the remaining milk, the cream, and sugar, and cook until small bubbles form around the edges of the pan.
Remove from the heat. Stir in the vanilla, and let cool a little. Use almond oil to coat six ½-cup ramekins. Pour the mixture into the prepared molds. Refrigerate, covered with a sheet of parchment paper, until firm.
Unmold onto individual serving dishes. Serve cold or cool accompanied by a garnish of fresh raspberries.