Local

2 Hospitalized After New Castle Apartment Fire

(Photo Credit: KDKA)

(Photo Credit: KDKA)

Get Breaking News First

Receive News, Politics, and Entertainment Headlines Each Morning.
Sign Up

NEW CASTLE (KDKA) — Two people were hospitalized following a fire at an apartment building in Lawrence County Saturday morning.

The grease fire broke out in a fourth-floor apartment around 10:30 a.m. at the 12-story Skyview Towers complex in the 200-block of North Beaver Street in New Castle.

A man was reportedly visiting his father when smoke filled the apartment.

A cabinet also caught fire.

According to fire investigators, one of the two men fell asleep while grease was still on the stove. He suffered burns to his face and feet while trying to put out the fire.

The other man was treated for smoke inhalation.

Officials estimate the total damage to the building at about $1,000.

RELATED LINKS:
More New Castle News
More Lawrence County News

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 6,175 other followers