PITTSBURGH (KDKA) — Irish pride will fill the streets of Pittsburgh this weekend. The annual St. Patrick’s Day Parade will be held Saturday morning.
The festivities kick off at 10 a.m. Afterwards, there will be an Irish fair in Market Square.
The parade begins at Liberty Avenue and 11th Street, continues straight down Liberty to Grant Street, then Grant to the Boulevard of the Allies, turning right onto the Boulevard of the Allies and ending a Stanwix Street. A reviewing stand will be set up on the Boulevard of the Allies at Stanwix Street.
During the festivities, there will be a number in closures in place along the parade route and in Market Square.
Parade Route Closures:
- Liberty Avenue from 11th to 26th Streets
- Grant Street from 11th Street to First Avenue
- Boulevard of the Allies from Grant Street to Commonwealth Place
- Stanwix Street from Fort Pitt Boulevard to Third Avenue
Pittsburgh police say all roads will reopen by 2 p.m.
Market Square Closures (1:30 p.m.):
- Forbes Avenue between Wood Street and Stanwix Street
- Graeme Way
- Market Street
- McMasters Way – Accessible only for the garage
- Delray between Liberty Avenue and Fourth Avenue
Pittsburgh police say all roads in Market Square will be back open once the celebrations end after 6 p.m.
Police say no open containers will be permitted along the parade route or in Market Square before 2 p.m. After that, open containers will be permitted in Market Square from 2 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.