PINE TOWNSHIP (KDKA) –Crews battled an intense fire on Old State Road in Pine Township Monday.

The two-alarm fire is said to have started in the laundry room in the dryer.

One woman was home at the time, but was able to get out safely.

However, there is serious damage to the 100-year-old house. She said she heard a noise in the laundry room and found flames shooting through the roof.

“We got here and there were flames going out of the first floor,” one firefighter said.

Officials estimate the damage at $400,000.

Three children also live in the home, but were at school at the time of the fire and were unharmed.

Also, one firefighter suffered heat exhaustion, but is expected to recover.

Stay with KDKA for more information.

More Local News
More Police News

Watch & Listen LIVE