Local

Search Warrants Issued In Steubenville Rape Case

(Photo Credit: KDKA)

(Photo Credit: KDKA)

COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) – Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine says search warrants have been executed at the high school attended by two football players who raped a 16-year-old girl.

DeWine’s office says in a release that search warrants were also executed at the Steubenville school board offices and a northeast Ohio digital investigations company.

DeWine says judges in Jefferson and Medina counties sealed the search warrants.

The searches are related to evidence state investigators are gathering as part of a grand jury looking into whether other laws were broken in connection with the rape.

The 14-person grand jury was seated earlier this month and begins hearing from witnesses Tuesday in Steubenville in eastern Ohio.

A judge convicted the teens in March of raping the girl after an alcohol-fueled party last August.

(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

RELATED LINKS:
Previous Steubenville Rape Case Reports
Join The Conversation On Our Facebook Page
Follow Us On Twitter

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 6,651 other followers