kdka-sm kdka-am-sm fan-sm pittsburgh-cw-logo

Steelers

Shaun O’Hara: Talent Will Only Get You So Far

(Photo Credit: Fernando Leon/Getty Images)

(Photo Credit: Fernando Leon/Getty Images)

Andrew-Filliponi Andrew Fillipponi
Weekdays, 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Andrew Fillipponi joined Sports...
Read More
Steelers Central
Buy Steelers Tickets
Sun Sep.21
Away vs Carolina Panthers
findticketsbtn Shaun OHara: Talent Will Only Get You So Far
Sun Sep.28
Home vs Tampa Bay Buccaneers
findticketsbtn Shaun OHara: Talent Will Only Get You So Far
Sun Oct.5
Away vs Jacksonville Jaguars
findticketsbtn Shaun OHara: Talent Will Only Get You So Far
Sun Oct.12
Away vs Cleveland Browns
findticketsbtn Shaun OHara: Talent Will Only Get You So Far
 
Shop for Steelers Gear
NFL Scoreboard
NFL Standings
Team STATS
Team Schedule
Team Roster
Team Injuries

Sports Fan Insider

Keep up with your favorite teams and athletes with daily updates.
Sign Up

PITTSBURGH (93.7 The Fan) – The offensive line and offensive line play is a mystery to many football fans so Andrew FillipponiĀ turned to one of the best to play the position. Andrew was joined by former Giants offensive lineman and current NFL Network analyst Shaun O’Hara who thought that Ahmad Bradshaw would have been a good fit for the Steelers.

Running backs need great vision to be successful in this league but also need to trust their insticts. Tiki Barber was one of the best that O’Hara ever played with. Centers have to be vocal and multi-task more than other offensive lineman but it takes everyone on the field and even coaches for a good run game.

Shaun will always value work ethic over talent since that is the way he made it in the league. “On any team about 25 percent of guys are there because of talent and the other 75 percent are there because they worked their butt off.” Offensive line play is all about technique and that can only be honed by repetition.

For the complete interview, click the link below:

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 6,122 other followers