YOUNGWOOD (KDKA) — John Caccamese, 62, waived his preliminary hearing Thursday in Youngwood, Westmoreland County, choosing instead to go directly to trial.
Although Caccamese’s tax records show that he and his wife were just earning a little more than $10,000 a year from a bar they own, Delaney’s Pub; investigators say his second job, alleged illegal gambling, really paid off.
This is what search warrants turned up:
- Total money at Delaney’s Pub: $587,123.00
- Total money at the Caccamese home: $781,630.00
- Total money at First National Bank in safety deposit box: $117,000.00
- Total money at First Commonwealth Bank (2 safety deposit boxes): $196,575.00
- Total money seized: $1,682,328.00
Caccamese told police he was taking in $6,000 daily, $30,000 a week for numbers bets during the last two years, in addition to $100,000 a year in sports betting.
He was never jailed for the charges.
He will be arraigned July 3.