Market District Recipes: Grilled Salmon BLT & Lemon Mascarpone Dip
If you’re looking for some great new dishes try that are perfect for summer, be sure to try these two from the Giant Eagle Market District today!
Grilled Salmon BLT
Serves: 4 • Prep time: 20 minutes • Cook time: 5 minutes
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ tsp minced garlic
- 2 T chopped dill
- 2 limes, juice and zest
- 16 slices Market District Bacon
- 8 slices Market District Olive Oil Bread
- 4- 60z fillets boneless, skinless salmon
- 1 onion, sliced
- 4 leaves red or green leaf lettuce
- 8 slices tomato
- 1 avocado sliced
- Olive oil for brushing
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat oven to 400F.
2. Mix all ingredients for Aioli and set aside.
3. Weave 4 pieces of bacon for each sandwich. Cook at 400F in oven until crisp and set aside.
4. Heat grill to medium-high.
5. Brush one side of the bread with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Grill for about a minute and then flip bread, brushing second side with oil. Remove from grill and set aside.
6. Season salmon fillets with salt and pepper and grill. Grill onions alongside salmon.
7. When the salmon is finished, assemble sandwiches.
8. First add the aioli to the bread, then lettuce and cooked salmon. Top with bacon, tomato and avocado and bread.
Lemon Mascarpone Dip
Serves: 4-6 • Prep time: 5 minutes • Cook time: n/a
- 4 oz mascarpone
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 2 tsp powdered sugar
1. Combine all ingredients ingredients and serve with grilled fruits.