Part Of Rt. 910 To Close For Months Starting Monday
PITTSBURGH (KDKA) — A major traffic route across Northern Allegheny County will close in the morning.
Route 910 will be closed around the clock in both directions between Emmett and Pearce Mill roads starting at 7 a.m. Monday, until mid-October.
The section only runs about a third of a mile, but the detour will be about five miles.
Crews will be working to replace two bridges.
They will also be repaving and widening Route 910 at the intersection of Pearce Mill Road and adding turn lanes.
More than 9,000 vehicles travel the area each day.
Through traffic will be detoured using the following routes:
(Eastbound on Wexford Road)
- Turn left onto North Chapel Drive
- Turn right onto Perry Highway (Route 19)
- Turn right onto Warrendale Bayne Road (Route 4052)
- Follow Warrendale Bayne Road to the intersection with Graham Road
- Continue straight onto Graham Road
- Turn right onto Pearce Mill Road
- Follow Pearce Mill Road back to Wexford Road
- End detour
Westbound on Wexford Road will use the same detour in the opposite direction.