Filed underLinks & Numbers
There is both good news and bad news for drivers who use the Liberty Tunnel.
The outbound lanes have reopened after being closed for more than two weeks.
However, starting Wednesday night, the inbound lanes will be closed until 6 a.m. Friday, Aug. 30.
The outbound lanes will also be closed overnight, during the inbound closure.
The complete detour for the tunnel is:
Inbound Posted Detour:
• At the tunnel, take Route 51 (Saw Mill Run Boulevard) north
• Take ramp towards I-376 West/South Route 19 (Carnegie/Airport/West End)
• Bear left to South Route 19 (Banksville Road)
• Bear left to east I-376 (Parkway West)
• Follow I-376 Parkway West eastbound through the Fort Pitt Tunnel
• Bear right onto eastbound I-376 Parkway East
• Take the Parkway East to Grant Street (Exit 71-A)
• From Grant Street, make a right onto Boulevard of the Allies (Route 885)
• Take Boulevard of the Allies east to Liberty Bridge and Tunnels
• End detour