Bella Sera Recipes: Juice & Fruit Smoothie
As kids prepare to head back to school, Jason Capps from Bella Sera stopped by PTL to show off two healthy drink recipes!
Lily’s Citrus Sensation Fresh Juice Recipe
Having a juicer in the kitchen is a fun and healthy idea sure to keep the on-the-go family happy and healthy…it’s quick and easy!
- 1-2 carrots (unpeeled)
- Small piece of fresh pineapple
- 1 Inch piece of fresh ginger
- 1/2 fresh lime
- Handful of fresh kale
Place all items one by one in the juicer and viola! Drink immediately!
Lauren’s Nutritious Berry-Licious Fruit Smoothie
Modify amounts based on the blender size you are using and your family’s personal tastes. Always use fresh berries if possible, when in season. Frozen is available through the winter months. Remember, local and/or organic is almost always better.
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 banana
- 1-2 Tablespoons Greek or plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup skim or 2% organic milk
- 2-3 ice cubes
- Optional: 1/2 scoop protein powder
Place all ingredients in blender and process for 30 seconds