Heinz Red Zone: Chicken Tacos
PITTSBURGH (KDKA) — Add a little spice to your next tailgate party with this tasty recipe from Rania Harris!
This week on the Steelers Huddle, Rania is making Chicken Tacos in the Heinz Red Zone!
Don’t forget to tune into the Steelers Huddle show each Saturday after the 11 p.m. news on KDKA-TV for more of Rania’s recipes!
STEELERS HUDDLE “Heinz Red Zone Recipe”: Chicken Tacos
- ½ cup Heinz® Tomato Ketchup
- 1 jalapeno pepper seeded, minced
- 1 tablespoon Heinz® Vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into 1/8-inch strips
- 8 taco shells, heated
- Shredded cheese, optional
- Shredded lettuce, optional
- Diced tomato, optional
- Sliced olives, optional
- Sour cream, optional
Combine ketchup, jalapeno pepper, vinegar, garlic powder, and cumin, set aside.
In a large skillet, heat oil and cook chicken until it is no longer pink, 5 minutes.
Stir in ketchup mixture. Simmer uncovered, on low heat, 10 minutes; stir occasionally.
Spoon chicken filling into taco shells. Serve with cheese, lettuce, tomato, olives, and sour cream, as desired.