Spamtastic Turkey Meatball Sub
Blue Ribbon recipe winner from the Washington County Fair, Cathy Philabaum, shares her recipe for Spamtastic Turkey Meatball Sub.
- 2 (12 ounce) cans SPAM Turkey
- 3/4 cup ground raw carrots
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons instant dried onions
- 1 to 2 tablespoons cayenne pepper sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 3/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies
- Flour, for coating meatballs
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk or cream
- 1 1/2 cups cornflake crumbs
Grind spam and carrots in food processor separately. Combine in large bowl along with the remaining ingredients except milk and cornflake crumbs. Mix well until blended. Roll into small meatballs then roll each meatball in flour until coated. Dip into milk or cream then roll in cornflake crumbs until coated. Deep fry for 1 to 2 minutes or until browned. Serve on a hoagie roll spread with hot pepper jelly. Top with a vinaigrette slaw (made with cabbage, green pepper and onions).