Cherry Streusel Dessert Pizza With Cocoa Crust
If you love pizza, but want something sweet, then check out this winning recipe from the Fleischmann’s Yeast Best Baking Contest!
Cherry Streusel Dessert Pizza with Cocoa Crust
- 1 3/4 cup bread flour
- 1 package Fleischmann’s Rapid Rise Yeast
- 2 tablespoons raw sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2/3 cup very warm water (not hot)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherries, drain (reserve juice)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sifted cornstarch
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup butter (not melted)
- 1/2 cup oatmeal
- 1/4 cup roasted chopped almonds (do not have to roast)
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
For Crust: Combine 1 cup flour, undissolved Fleischmann’s yeast, sugar, salt and cocoa in a large bowl. Add water and butter. Mix with a rubber spatula to blend. Gradually add flour to make a soft ball that will release from your hand without sticking. Knead about 4 minutes. Pat dough into a pizza pan to fill, or roll out and transfer to the pan.
For Cherry Filling: Heat reserved juice in saucepan with 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice. Add 1 tablespoon sifted cornstarch to thicken. Remove from heat. Add drained cherries. Let cool.
For Streusel Topping: Using a pastry cutter, combine all the ingredients until crumbly.
To Assemble: Spread cherry filling over cocoa crust, sprinkle streusel topping to the edge of the crust and bake in preheated oven on lowest rack for 12 to 15 minutes. Serve warm, not hot, or at room temperature.