Gretchen McKay Recipe: Pasta & Chicken In Pumpkin Cream Sauce
If you enjoy pumpkin recipes, you’ll want to give this from the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette’s Gretchen McKay today!
Pasta and Chicken in Pumpkin Cream Sauce
- 8 ounces (3 cups) uncooked dried farfalle (bow tie) or penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 11⁄4 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut crosswise into 1⁄2-inch strips
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh garlic
- 1 cup cooked pumpkin, canned or fresh
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 3⁄4 cup heavy whipping cream or half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage leaves
- Pinch or two of freshly grated nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped toasted pecans (optional)
Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain; keep warm.
Melt butter in 12-inch skillet until sizzling; add chicken and garlic. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, 8 to 10 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center. Add cooked pasta.
Combine pumpkin, chicken broth, whipping cream, sage, nutmeg and salt in bowl. Pour over pasta mixture; gently toss to coat. Cook over medium heat 3 to 5 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with Parmesan and toasted pecans, if using.
— Adapted from landolakes.