Heinz Red Zone: Chicken Quesadillas
PITTSBURGH (KDKA) — Impress your friends at your next tailgating party with this recipe from Rania Harris!
This week on the Steelers Huddle, Rania is making Chicken Quesadillas in the Heinz Red Zone!
Don’t forget to tune into the Steelers Huddle show each Saturday after the 11 p.m. news on KDKA-TV for more of Rania’s recipes!
STEELERS HUDDLE “Heinz Red Zone” recipe: Chicken Quesadillas
- 1 cup Heinz® Chili Sauce
- 1/2 cup Heinz® Jalapeño Ketchup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 8 – 8-inch to 10-inch wheat-flour tortillas
- 3 cups shredded, cooked chicken
- 3 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup diced red or green pepper
- 1/4 cup finely diced red or white onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro
- Olive oil for brushing the quesadillas
Blend the Heinz Chili sauce and Heinz Jalapeño Ketchup. Divide mixture in half.
Stir one half with the sour cream and reserve to use as a dipping sauce.
Spread the other half of Chili Sauce and Heinz Jalapeño Ketchup mixture evenly over the tortillas.
Sprinkle tortillas evenly with chicken, cheese, peppers, onion, and cilantro. Fold over each tortilla.
Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Lightly coat pan with cooking spray.
Add two tortillas and cook, turning once, for 3 to 5 minutes or until each side is golden.
Slice into wedges and serve with the reserved dipping sauce.