Local

Boy Burned Over 35-40% Of His Body In Tragic Accident While Preparing Lunch

(Photo Credit: KDKA)

(Photo Credit: KDKA)

(Source: KDKA) Brenda Waters
Have a positive day. That's how Brenda Waters ends the weekend morning...
Read More

BEAVER FALLS (KDKA) — A Beaver County boy is being treated at a local hospital after he was badly burned over nearly 40 percent of his body during an accident while making lunch Tuesday afternoon.

“It was very scary,” said Jacklyn McMillan, a neighbor. “I’ve never seen a baby scream like that ever.”

The screams came from a home in Murado Dwellings in Beaver Falls around 11:30 a.m.

Police say the father of the 3-year-old boy was boiling water in a microwave to make the boy lunch.

McMillan lives next door and says the father told her that he left the room for just a few minutes.

“He ran upstairs to go to the bathroom and when he was upstairs, he heard screaming, so he ran downstairs and J.J. had water all over him, top to bottom,” said McMillan.

Police say 35 to 40 percent of the boy’s body was burned by the hot water.

“Skin was just coming off of his arms and his legs, and I was just bawling,” McMillan said.

McMillan says the boy’s mother was at work and the father was taking care of his son. Other children were in school.

“They are wonderful parents; they’re not bad parents at all. They take really good care of their children,” McMillan said. “It was just… I don’t know what happened.”

Police say they are looking at this only as an accident and don’t expect to file any charges. Police say they’ve never had any problems at the house before.

The boy was flown to UPMC Mercy Hospital. There’s been no word on his condition.

RELATED LINKS:
More Beaver Falls News
More Beaver County News
More Reports by Brenda Waters

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 6,245 other followers