Weight Watchers Recipe: Cornbread Stuffing With Sage
Thanksgiving is just days away, but you don’t have to blow your diet entirely! Be sure to try out this stuffing recipe from Weight Watchers this Thanksgiving!
Cornbread Stuffing with Sage:
- 2 ½ teaspoons canola oil
- 1 lb. onions, diced
- 4 (1-oz) turkey breakfast sausage links, casing removed and crumbled
- 1 ½ cup frozen corn kernels
- 4 celery stalks, diced
- 2 large Granny Smith apples, peeled and diced
- 3 tablespoons fresh sage leaves, chopped
- 5 cups dry herb-seasoned cornbread stuffing mix
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a large rimmed baking sheet with nonstick spray. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, 8 minutes. Add sausage and brown, breaking it apart with wooden spoon, 4 minutes. Add corn and celery. Cook, stirring occasionally, until celery is crisp-tender, 4 minutes. Stir in apples and sage. Cover and cook until apple is crisp-tender, 4 minutes, stirring once halfway through cooking time.
2) Transfer apple mixture to large bowl. Add stuffing mix and broth; toss gently until evenly moistened.
3) Spread stuffing on baking sheet and cover with foil. (If making ahead, cool completely. Chill up to 3 days. Return to room temperature.) Bake 20 minutes. Uncover and bake until top is golden and crisp, 15 minutes. Transfer stuffing to serving bowl.
Per serving (2/3 cup): 228 calories, 4 g total fat, 1 g saturated fat, 0 g trans fat, 7 mg chol, 528 mg sodium, 46 g total carb, 9 g sugar, 4 g fiber, 7 g protein, 50 mg, calcium. POINTSPLUS VALUE: 6