Heinz Red Zone: Hot Brown Sandwich
PITTSBURGH (KDKA) — Treat your friends to this tasty recipe from Rania Harris at your next tailgate party!
This week on the Steelers Huddle, Rania is making Hot Brown Sandwich in the Heinz Red Zone!
Don’t forget to tune into the Steelers Huddle show each Saturday after the 11 p.m. news on KDKA-TV for more of Rania’s recipes!
STEELERS HUDDLE “Heinz Red Zone Recipe”: Hot Brown Sandwich
- 2 – 12 ounce jars Heinz® HomeStyle Roasted Turkey Gravy
- ½ cup half and half
- ½ cup grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- 6 slices Texas toast
- 18 thick slices cooked turkey breast
- 2 Roma tomatoes – cut into slices
- Additional Pecorino Romano cheese
- 12 thick cut slices pepper bacon – cooked crisp
- Smoked paprika
- Chopped parsley for garnish
Heat the Heinz® HomeStyle Roasted Turkey Gravy with the half and half and add the cheese. Heat the mixture until the cheese is melted and the mixture is smooth.
In 6 individual, ovenproof, au gratin dishes, place 1 slice Texas toast and top each with 3 slices of turkey. Top with Roma tomato slices and an equal amount of the sauce, dividing evenly. Sprinkle with a bit more cheese and a dusting of paprika. Broil until the sauce is bubbly and the cheese begins to brown. Top each sandwich with 2 pieces of bacon. Garnish with chopped parsley and serve immediately.