If you’re looking to add a couple of delicious dishes to your repertoire, be sure to try out these two from Gaynor’s School of Cooking!
- 4 whole wheat tortillas
- ¾ lb boneless chicken breasts, sliced
- 1medium onions, thinly sliced
- 1 medium red or green peppers, thinly sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced and cut into strips
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Guacamole, sour cream, salsa, salad greens + dressing
1. WRAP tortillas in foil in place in a 350 degree oven for 20 mins.
2. SAUTE Chicken strips, a few at a time.
3. SAUTÉ sliced onions, red/green peppers until soft then add the tomatoes and cook for additional 2-3 mins.
4. SERVE warm tortillas with cooked chicken and vegetables. Accompany with
Sour cream, guacamole, cheese salsa etc.
Pork Stir Fry
- ½ LB lean thinly sliced pork
- 1/4 C of your favorite Stir Fry Sauce, divided
- 1 Sesame oil or vegetable oil
- 1 small onion thinly sliced
Either: 2 bell pepper, red green, orange or yellow ½ C fresh sliced mushrooms and ½ C broccoli florettes cut into small pieces
Or: a 10 ozs bag of frozen stir fry vegetables.
1. Place the meat in a bowl, and add 3 T of the stir fry sauce and mix to coat well.
2. Heat wok or large skillet over high heat. Add oil; swirl to coat side of wok. Add the pork in small batches and stir-fry until lightly brown on all sides. Remove from wok, and repeat with the remaining pork slices.
3. Then add the onion to the wok; cook 3-4 minutes until lightly colored.
4. If using fresh vegetables then add the sliced peppers and continue to cook until lightly browned and crisply-tender. Then return the pork to wok along with the broccoli and the mushrooms. Stir in remaining 2 T of stir-fry sauce; cover and cook for about 3 minutes until the broccoli is crisp tender. Serve immediately with rice.
5. If using frozen vegetables. Return the pork to the wok/fry pan along with the frozen vegetables. Stir in the remaining 2 T stir-fry sauce; cover and cook for about 3- 4 mins until the vegetables are heated through. Then serve immediately with rice.
- ¼ C uncooked long grain rice per person
- ¼ t salt per serving
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the appropriate amount of salt and the rice.
2. Allow to boil uncovered for 12 mins. Drain and serve.
Copyright Gaynor’s School of Cooking 2013
All rights reserved