Ikea is recalling nearly three million children’s wall-mounted lamps sold in the United States.
The Consumer Product Safety Commission says the cord from the lamps can strangle a child.
So far, one child has died and another was seriously hurt.
The lamps were sold exclusively at Ikea stores and on its website from July of 1999 through May of this year.
They came in eight colors and designs.
The list and model numbers is as follows:
- The blue star is the STJÄRNA model with article numbers 501.944.49 or 500.108.79.
- The yellow moon is the MÅNE model with article numbers 701.944.48 or 700.108.40.
- The pink flower is the BLOMMA model with article numbers 901.944.47 or 000.979.50.
- The white flower is the BLOMMA model with article number 300-746-50.
- The red heart is the HJÄRTA model with article numbers 202.256.59 or 801.993.13.
- The green bug is the BAGGE model with article numbers 101.944.46 or 700.728.71.
- The blue seashell is the SNÄCKA model with article number 400-982-50.
- The orange seahorse is the SJÖHÄST model with article number 900-982-43.
For more information on the recall, click here.