Heinz Red Zone: Black & Gold Burgers
PITTSBURGH (KDKA) — Bring some black and gold to the menu of your next Steelers party with this great recipe from Rania Harris!
This week on the Steelers Huddle, Rania is making Black and Gold Burgers in the Heinz Red Zone!
Don’t forget to tune into the Steelers Huddle show each Saturday after the 11 p.m. news on KDKA-TV for more of Rania’s recipes!
STEELERS HUDDLE “Heinz Red Zone Recipe”: Black and Gold Burgers
- ¾ cup Heinz® Balsamic Ketchup
- 4 ounces crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 4 tablespoons finely chopped Vidalia onion
- 2 tablespoons Lea and Perrins® Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 ½ pounds lean ground beef
- 4 Poppy seed buns, split and toasted
To prepare sauce, combine Heinz® Balsamic Ketchup, Gorgonzola cheese, onion and Lea and Perrins® Worcestershire Sauce.
Lightly mix about ½ cup of the sauce with the ground beef; shape into 4 patties. Use your judgment as to how much sauce to mix into the beef – you want the burgers to hold together nicely on the grill.
Grill burgers to desired doneness.
Serve on toasted buns topped with remaining sauce.