Rania’s Recipes: Slow Cooker Pork Roast
If you’re looking for a delicious new recipe, be sure to try out this one from Rania Harris!
Slow Cooker Pork Roast with Hot Pepper Cranberry Sauce
- 1 large Vidalia onion (roughly chopped)
- 2 apples (peeled and roughly chopped)
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 cups fresh apple cider
- Freshly ground salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 3 pounds pork loin roast
- Vegetable oil for browning the pork
- 2 stalks celery (roughly chopped)
- Cranberry Hot Pepper Sauce (see recipe below)
Combine ¼ of the onion, 1 apple, and the garlic in the bowl of a food processor. Process until smooth. Transfer to slow cooker along with the apple cider and blend well.
Combine the salt, pepper, ginger and flour in a shallow bowl. Roll the roast in the flour mixture to coat all sides. Brush off any excess flour. Heat the oil in a large, heavy skillet. Brown the pork in the hot oil, turning until golden on all sides. Place the browned roast in the slow cooker and scatter the celery and the remaining onion and apple on top. Cook on low for 4 hours; then add cranberry sauce. Cook for an additional 2 hours.
Remove the cooked roast to a heated platter and using an emersion blender, blend the juices from the slow cooker and serve with the pork.
Cranberry Hot Pepper Sauce
- 12 ounces fresh cranberries, washed and picked over
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 – 5 ounce jar Hot Pepper jelly
Combine the berries, water and sugar. Cook until the berries begin to burst open. Remove from the heat and stir in the jar of jelly. Let cool.