Local Warming Centers
With temperatures dipping below zero, several warming shelters have opened around the area for people who need to get out of the dangerous cold.
Check out the list here:
Carnegie Borough Building: open around the clock
Allegheny Valley Hospital: open from 8 p.m. to 8 a.m.
Catholic Charities’ Susan Zubik Welcome Center: 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
In Pittsburgh, five warming centers will be available for residents who need them.
The locations will be open from 8 a.m. until 7 p.m. both Tuesday and Wednesday:
- Greenfield Healthy Active Living Center, 745 Greenfield Ave. (412)-422-6551
- Homewood Healthy Active Living Center, 7321Frankstown Ave. (412)-244-4190
- North Side, Allegheny Center Healthy Active Living Center, Allegheny Square (412)-323-7239
- Sheraden Healthy Active Living Center, 720 Sherwood Ave. (412)-777-5012
- South Side Healthy Active Living Center, 12th and Bingham Streets (412)-488-8404
For more information on the city’s warming stations, click here to visit their website.