If you’re looking for a delicious seafood recipe, be sure to try out this one from the Giant Eagle Market District!
Shrimp & Scallop Pasta Primavera
Compliments of Market District Chef Benjamin D’Amico
Serves: 2-4 Prep Time: 25 min. Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- 1 lb Linguini Pasta (any variety of pasta will work)
- ½ lb Shrimp, large, raw, peeled and deveined
- ½ lb Sea Scallops, large, raw
- ½ cup Carrots, ¼” sticks (Blanched)
- ½ each Red Bell Pepper, thin stripes
- 6-8 stalks Asparagus, 2” pieces (Blanched)
- ¼ cup Peas, frozen, thawed
- ½ cup Broccoli, crowns, medium (Blanched)
- ¼ cup Red Onion, thinly sliced
- ½ cup Zucchini, thinly sliced
- 6 cloves Fresh Garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 oz Butter, Unsalted
- ¼ cup Vegetable Stock (or chicken stock) (Heated)
- ¾ cup Heavy Cream (or half & half) (Heated)
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2 oz Boursin Cheese (optional)
- ¼ tsp Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- ¼ tsp Dill Weed, dried
- ½ tsp Lemon Peel, dried
- ½ tsp Oregano, dried
- ¼ cup Parmesan Cheese, shredded\
- TT Kosher Salt & Black Pepper
- 2 tbsp Fresh Parsley, minced
1. Heat a large pot of boiling salted water, & bring to a boil.
2. Cook pasta for 7-10 minutes or until al dente, drain and set aside. If using fresh pasta: boil for 2-5 minutes, drain and set aside.
3. Heat a small amount of olive oil in a sauté pan, season the shrimp and scallops with salt & pepper and sauté for 1-2 minutes on each side. Set the seafood aside, note that it may not be fully cooked – they will finish cooking in the sauce.
4. In a large sauté pan or dutch oven, heat butter, olive oil, garlic, and dried herbs, allow to cook for 2-3 minutes.
5. Add the vegetables and sauté for 2-3 minutes until semi tender.
6. Add the lemon juice, vegetable stock, boursin cheese, and heavy cream. Bring to a heavy simmer.
7. Add in the shrimp and scallops and shredded parmesan cheese, allow to cook for 2-3 minutes. Season with salt & pepper.
8. Add in the pasta or simply pour the sauce over the pasta in a serving bowl.
9. Garnish with fresh parsley & shredded parmesan cheese..