If you’re looking for a delicious new recipe to try, check out this one from Chef Bill Fuller!
Avocado Bahn Mi Tacos
Makes 3 tacos
- 3 ea. Grilled Flour Tortillas
- Yuzu Aioli.
- Avocado Tempura
- Bahn Mi Slaw
- 3 ea. 3” long seedless cucumber slices (one per taco)
- ¼ C. Julienne Red Radish
- ½ ea. Fresh jalapeno (thinly sliced)
- 6 sprigs Fresh Cilantro
1. Warm flour tortillas on griddle.
2. Spread with Yuzu Aioli.
3. Top with Avocado Tempura then Bahn Mi Slaw.
4. Place cucumber spears on tortillas.
5. Top with remaining ingrediebts.
- 3 oz. Rice Flour
- 1 oz. Cornstarch
- 8 oz. Soda Water
- 1 ea. Whole Avocado (cut into 1/6ths)
1. Mix ingredients together for the Tempura, to a consistency of thin pancake batter.
2. Carefully coat each piece of Avocado so to not break them and fry at 350 degrees for 1.5 minutes or until they float.
3. Drain on a wire rack or on towels and season with spice mixture Shimichi Togarashi on all sides liberally.
Bahn Mi Slaw
- 1 ea. Carrot (fine julienne cut, 2” long)
- ¼ Ea. Red Onion (fine julienne cut)
- 2 Tbs. Ginger (finely grated)
- 2 Tbs. Garlic (finely grated)
- 4 oz. Soy Sauce
- 1 oz. Rice Wine Vinegar
- 2 oz. Sesame Oil
1. Mix ingredients together and refrigerate for at least 1 hour to marry flavors.
2. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- 1 ea. egg yolk
- 4 oz. Vegetable or Canola Oil
- 1.5 oz. Yuzu juice
1. Slowly emulsify oil into the egg yolk with a whisk or food processor/blender then add the yuzu. T
2. aste and adjust seasonings.